Inspired by Stefan Sagmeister’s wonderful project “Things I have learned in my life so far” I have made my own list of things life has taught me. Having learned something doesn’t mean you are automatically able to put it into practise – but defining and writing it down can definitely be a good start!
So here we go:
- Everything is possible. I am the creator of my life, and in charge of what happens to me. The only thing holding me back is myself.
- Doubt is useless. Make a choice – and take responsibility for it!
- Every time a door closes, a new one will open.
- The purpose of my relationships is not to make me feel safe, but to make me develop.
- Everything feels better in the morning.
- My body and my mind are deeply connected. The way I think about things and the way I talk about things will influence how I feel.
- Consumerism kills my creativity.
- I need to pay more attention to my own reactions than to other people’s actions.
- By giving, I will receive.
- What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger. The strongest part of my body & soul is where my scars are.
- The process is much more important than the result.
- I am not my feelings. I am something much deeper, hidden behind layers of emotions & thoughts.
- A crisis always contains a possibility to learn something.
- I shouldn’t be too protective about my heart. A broken heart is also an open heart.
- Everything is connected to everything. Whatever I do will come back to me – one way or the other.
- The opposite of love is not hate, but apathy.
- Face everything, avoid nothing. Courage is the key to freedom.
- Just do it! The only way I can possibly fail is by not acting, not daring, not fully embrasing my life.
Hopefully this list will keep growing…
Click here if you want to check out Stefan Sagmeisters website.